Thursday, October 21, 2021

Week 8: October 23, 2021 "Eggshell"





Oh how the Ducks had gotten onto a real nice even track of using "normal" uniform sets the last few years—albeit in cool and innovative combos...Until this week's "Eggshell" set. I'm not sure what the story is behind these, but to me they remind me of this from 2003:


RoboDuck from 2003!

I'll be honest that I'm not loving this combo. Using the eggshell on both jersey and pants feels like pajamas to me.

Let the puns and jokes rain down, especially since they are on College Gameday and at the Rose Bowl on ABC. Big game alert while playing a dangerous UCLA coached by Chip Kelly on the road...not loving their timing for this mostly non-green/yellow set in an important visible game.

This takes me back (not in a good way) me to 2015-17 when each week had  a "story" that resulted in such classics as the Blue/Black "Oregon Flag" uniform,  "Melted crayon", "Duck Mascot" and other things like glittery white helmets etc. Unfortunately, most of these games they lost that year! This most reminds me of the "Lewis and Clark" set that used mostly white textured jersy/pants and silver helmet. 

The dark green/white/white combo has not been used since the 2014 Alamo Bowl victory and the 2010 win at Tennessee, so there are definite good vibes with the Nightmare Green helmet and all white, but for my money I'd have kept the eggshell jersey but went with Nightmare Green pants.


No comments:

Post a Comment