Thursday, October 25, 2018

Will the Ducks go beyond mono?

In my previous post I examined how Oregon has only worn the mono-colored versions of their new 2018 uniforms so far this season. That led me to want to test out other combos, as the Ducks have been famous for over the years.

The result is mixed, pun intended. Since they have so far only shown one version of each pant, jersey and helmet, this leaves the accent color (logos, numbers etc) as the determining factor in matching sets. (In past years, they swapped accents willy nilly, especially on helmets.) This is complicated by the fact that the black uniform uses neon green accents that do not match the apple green of the other sets. And the yellow uses only black accents that feel out of place with the green jerseys.

Here I have laid out my choices for when they need to go beyond mono colors:


I think the top contenders are:

  • black, yellow, yellow
  • yellow, green, green
  • black, white, white (10-27-18 Update: this is what they went with in week 9)
  • black, white, black
  • yellow, white, yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment